A Rack Mount PLC Splitter is a fiber optic splitter device designed for installation in a 19-inch equipment rack. It is used to distribute an optical signal from a single source to multiple destinations in a fiber optic network. The splitter is compact and provides high-density connectivity, making it suitable for data centers and other high-density network environments. It is typically made of metal or high-impact plastic and features a space-saving design that helps to reduce clutter and optimize space utilization in the rack.
- Compact Design: The compact design of rack mount PLC splitters makes them ideal for use in fiber optic networks where space is limited. They can be easily mounted in a 1U / 19-inch standard rack, making them a convenient solution for optical network deployments.
- Low Insertion Loss: Rack mount PLC splitters have low insertion loss, meaning they do not significantly degrade the signal as it is split into multiple outputs. This helps to ensure that the signal quality is maintained and that the network performance is not impacted.
- High Reliability: Rack mount PLC splitters are designed for high reliability and long-term performance, making them ideal for use in critical network environments. They are typically made with high-quality materials and are designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions.
- High Splitting Ratios: Rack mount PLC splitters have a high splitting ratio, typically ranging from 1×2 to 1×64. This allows a single optical signal to be split into multiple outputs, making it possible to distribute the signal to multiple devices.
- Wavelength-Independent: Rack mount PLC splitters are wavelength-independent, meaning they can work with a wide range of wavelengths, from 1260 nm to 1650 nm. This allows them to be used with a variety of optical signals and makes them compatible with different types of optical networks.
- Easy Installation: Rack mount PLC splitters are designed for easy installation, making them ideal for use in network deployments where time and cost are important considerations. They typically come with pre-terminated fibers, making the installation process quick and simple.
- Passive optical networks (PONs): PLC splitters are used to distribute the optical signals from a central office to multiple end-user locations in a PON network.
- FTTx networks: Rack mount PLC splitters are used in Fiber to the x (FTTx) networks to split the optical signals from a single fiber into multiple fibers for distribution to end-users.
- Optical LANs: Rack-mount PLC splitters can be used to distribute the optical signals in a local area network (LAN) to multiple end-user devices.
- Optical distribution frames (ODF): Rack mount PLC splitters are commonly used in optical distribution frames (ODF) to manage and distribute optical signals in telecommunication central offices.
- Data centers: Rack mount PLC splitters can be used in data centers to distribute the optical signals from the core network to multiple server racks.
- Broadcasting and cable television networks: PLC splitters can be used in cable television and broadcasting networks to distribute optical signals to multiple end-users.