1. What is OSP fiber optic cable?
Fiber optic cabling can be divided into OSP and ISP according to the engineering construction. OSP stands for outside plant, and OSP is an outdoor project, and similarly, ISP stands for inside plant and is an indoor project.
2. Types of OSP outside plant
|Aerial fiber optic cable||low cost;|
Short construction period;
Fewer restrictions on the construction environment
|vulnerable to damage;|
|Suitable for mountainous, rural, and other areas, generally used for local relay network|
|Direct buried fiber optic cable||not easy to be damaged; good security||A large amount of engineering; high cost; not easy to expand||Suitable for areas with flat terrain, generally used for long-distance backbone networks|
|Duct fiber optic cable||Easy to expand; good security||Limited construction environment||Mainly used in cities and other areas with less space|
|Submarine fiber optic cable||Suitable for transoceanic transmission, more secure||Huge amount of work; very expensive||International communication optical cable across the ocean|
|Power line aerial fiber optic cable||Economical and fast||Restricted by power grid topology; strong electrical environment damage; difficult to expand||It is suitable for the installation of optical cables using existing towers in the power sector|
3. OSP outside plant assembly
- Main engineering materials: optical cables, splice boxes, patch panels, overhead poles, etc.
- Construction equipment: air compressor, cable blowing machine, welding machine, etc.
- Test instruments: OTDR, optical power meter, oscilloscope/spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Maintenance equipment: cable detector, ground resistance tester, GPS, etc.
4. OSP outside plant application scenario
4.1 Duct application scenario
Cement duct: 3 holes, 4 holes, 6 holes
- High strength
- Heavy, 0.6m/piece
- Rough wall, poor sealing
PVC duct: PVC duct, PE subduct
- Smooth inner wall
HDPE pipe: HDPE pipe, Silicon-core inside
- Low friction
- Good sealing
Tube bundle: Micro pipe, Micro cable
- Smaller diameter
4.2 Aerial application scenario
Aerial fiber optic cable: ADSS cable
ADSS cable features:
- All Dielectric Self-Supporting
- Non-metal component
- Easy installation
- Long spans
- Customized available
- Low cost networks
- Fast, one-step installation with attachment hardware
- Without interrupting electrical service normally
ADSS cable areas:
- On pole lines
- On power lines
- On street lighting poles
- From building to building
Aerial fiber optic cable: Figure-8 cable
- All tension is taken by steel messenger cable.
- The fiber configuration remains stress-free.
- Require a lot of care on grounding procedures when installed on pole lines.
Aerial fiber optic cable: OPGW (Optical fiber Ground Wire)
- Ground wire
- Optical fiber inside
- Apply to the high-voltage grid
4.3 Special barrier handling application scenario
Cross road: Pipe jacking
- Minimal influence on traffic
- Consideration of residents and the environment
Cross river: Bridge
- Low cost
- Easy to implement
Cross river: HDD
- Horizontal Directional Drilling
Bonelinks is an OSP optical communication product supplier. Our products cover optical splitters, optical fiber cables, optical patch cords, and optical fiber distribution frames, etc. The application of these products can form OSP outside plant solutions. Contact us if you want to know more.