Central Tube Non-metallic Armored Fiber Cable: Lightweight Overhead Solution for Network Access
GYFXY is a central tube non-metallic armored fiber optic cable designed for overhead suspension in short-distance network access and transmission. It utilizes 2 internal parallel FRP reinforcement keys for weight-bearing and is commonly used in FTTH, FTTP, and FTTx overhead access sections.
GYFXY fiber cable consists of fiber, water barrier, reinforcement bond, and loose tube. Colored fibers are placed in a lubricating-filled loose sleeve, wrapped with a water barrier. Two fiber reinforced plastics reinforce the sleeve, and a PE sheath is formed by melting polyethylene material.
Features: Why Choose GYFXY Central Tube Non-Metallic Armored Fiber Optic Cable?
- Non-Metallic Armoring: Unlike many fiber cables that use metal armor for protection, GYFXY fiber cable utilizes a non-metallic armor. This non-metallic armor is typically made of fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) materials. The use of FRP reinforcement bonds provides the cable with lightweight and flexible characteristics.
- Central Tube Design: GYFXY fiber cable features a central tube design. This means that the fibers are placed within a central loose tube, which provides protection and organization. The central tube design allows for easy access to individual fibers for splicing or termination purposes.
- Water Barrier Protection: GYFXY fiber cable incorporates a water barrier as part of its construction. The water barrier helps prevent moisture and water ingress, enhancing the cable’s durability and performance, especially in outdoor or harsh environments.
- FRP Reinforcement: Instead of steel wire reinforcement commonly used in other fiber cables, GYFXY utilizes FRP reinforcement bonds. This choice of material provides the cable with lightweight properties while still offering structural strength and protection.
Application: Where to use GYFXY Central Tube Non-Metallic Armored Fiber Optic Cable?
GYFXY fiber cable finds typical applications in FTTH, FTTP, and FTTx deployments, especially in overhead access sections. Its lightweight, non-metallic armored construction, and central tube design make it well-suited for these applications where ease of installation, durability, and efficient network access are important factors.
- FTTH (Fiber to the Home): GYFXY fiber cable is well-suited for FTTH deployments, where fiber optic connectivity is extended directly to residential homes. Its lightweight and overhead installation capability make it ideal for connecting homes to the main network infrastructure.
- FTTP (Fiber to the Premises): GYFXY fiber cable is also suitable for FTTP applications, where fiber connectivity is extended to various premises such as office buildings, apartment complexes, or commercial establishments. Its flexibility and easy installation in overhead access sections make it a preferred choice for these deployments.
- FTTx (Fiber to the x): GYFXY fiber cable is widely used in various FTTx scenarios, where “x” can represent different locations like cabinets, nodes, or distribution points. Its overhead suspension capability makes it an efficient solution for connecting these points in the network, providing reliable and high-speed fiber connectivity.
- Short-Distance Network Access: GYFXY fiber cable is often deployed in short-distance network access sections. These could include network distribution points, local loops, or small-scale network extensions. The lightweight nature and overhead installation suitability of GYFXY make it a practical choice for these applications.
- Transmission Sections: GYFXY fiber cable can also be utilized in transmission sections where short-distance data transmission is required. Its design and construction enable efficient data transfer over relatively shorter spans, making it useful in scenarios where longer distance transmission is not necessary.