1. Introduction After the development from xDSL (2M) and FTTB (10M) to FTTH, the bandwidth of home broadband has been stuck at 100M for nearly 10 years. In 2019, with the construction of 5G, the download rate of 5G mobile phones can reach up to gigabit. Therefore, starting in 2019, home broadband has also begun
When it comes to user-side equipment in broadband fiber access, we often see terms such as ONU, ONT, SFU, and HGU. What are they? What’s the difference? 1. ONU and ONT The main application types of broadband optical access include: FTTH, FTTO and FTTB, and the user-side equipment have different forms under different application types.
What is PON passive optical network and the main differences between the different PON technologies?
PON is the main technology adopted for optical fiber broadband access. PON is not only still the main technology for optical fiber broadband access, but also gradually penetrates into private networks, local area networks, and intra-home networking. For example, the recently popular FTTR uses PON technology. It usually takes less than ten years for telecommunication
1. What is FTTR? Before talking about FTTR, let’s talk about what FTTx is. FTTx is the abbreviation of “Fiber To The x”, which refers to “Fiber To The x”, where x not only represents the location where the fiber reaches, but also includes the optical network equipment installed at the location, and specifies the
The pipe hole resources of underground communication pipelines are the basic communication resources that operators are in short supply. Except for newly built roads and roads in development zones, the occupancy rate of pipe holes on other roads is generally high. Restricted by construction conditions, it is extremely difficult to expand the capacity of communication
1. What is hybrid fiber cable? Hybrid fiber cable is a new type of access method that is suitable for transmission lines in broadband access network systems. It integrates optical fibers and copper wires for power transmission, and can solve the problems of broadband access, equipment power consumption, and signal transmission. 2. Development of hybrid
1. What is FTTD fiber to the desktop? FTTD Fiber to the desktop means that the optical fiber replaces the traditional copper cable transmission medium and directly extends to the user terminal computer, so that the user terminal can realize the network access through the optical fiber throughout the whole process, and realize the true
1. What is figure 8 fiber optic cable? Optical cables with a cross-sectional shape of “8” are generally called figure 8 fiber optic cables. The optical fiber cable integrates the cable core part and the steel supporting strand into an “8”-shaped PE sheath to form a self-supporting structure. During the laying process, there is no
1. What is tactical fiber optic cable? Tactical fiber optic cable is an optical communication trunk line that can be easily retracted in the field. It is mainly used for group information transmission between switching nodes in the field integrated communication system, and between switching nodes and user centers, and as a lead device for