FTTH Optical Cable
Overview of FTTH optical cable
FTTH is Fiber To The Home. Specifically, FTTH refers to installing ONUs (optical network units) for home users or enterprise users. The FTTH optical cable (leather cable) is a kind of optical cable used in the FTTH fiber-to-the-home system. The cross-section of the FTTH optical cable is like a butterfly, so it is called a butterfly optical cable.
Classification of FTTH cable
The optical cables used in FTTH are mainly divided into feed fiber optical cables, distribution fiber optical cables, and user fiber optical cables according to different use locations.
Feed cable has many fiber cores, ranging from hundreds of cores to thousands of cores. Usually, unitube cable, standard loose tube cable, and skeleton optical fiber are used. At present, ordinary outdoor optical fiber cables can meet the requirements. Its characteristics are:
- Optical cable from the central office to the optical distribution point.
- Usually high-density, large-core fiber optic cable. It can adopt the optical cable structure that is similar to the optical cable used in the metropolitan area.
- In order to reduce the overall cost of the optical cable and its installation, the weight and diameter of the optical cable should be reduced, the fiber density of the optical cable should be increased, the pipe space should be used more effectively and the operability of the optical cable should be improved.
Distribution optical cable
The distribution optical cable is the optical cable between the optical distribution point and the user access point. According to different locations, the distribution optical cable can be selected as outdoor optical cable, indoor and outdoor dual-purpose optical cable and indoor optical cable. Its characteristics are:
- When it is necessary to share equipment resources, the optical cable should have good fiber splitting ability in the middle.
- The weight and cable diameter of the optical cable should be reduced, the duct space should be used more effectively and the operability of the optical cable should be improved.
- In the optical network dominated by the PON structure, the required number of cores of the feeder cable has been greatly reduced. Usually small core cables are used more frequently.
- In the high-density user area, the distribution optical cable may be directly introduced into the user’s room. At this time, the optical cable should have both indoor and outdoor functions.
User optical cable
The user optical cable is the optical cable from the user access point to the terminal equipment. When the user access point is placed outdoors, the outdoor section should use an outdoor optical cable or an indoor-outdoor dual-purpose optical cable; when the user access point is placed indoors or in a building, the user optical cable should use an indoor optical cable. Its specific characteristics are:
- The number of cores of the cable is usually less than 12 cores, and the application distance is short. Optical cables should usually have both indoor and outdoor functions.
The high-density user areas consume less amount, but a large amount in the distributed user area.
Usually, it is lightweight, resistant to bending, can provide flexible and diverse introduction methods, and no optical cable transfer is required at the entrance.
Application of FTTH optical cable
For high-rise residential buildings, small high-rise residential buildings, and low-rise residential buildings, real estate developers are generally responsible for the construction of the leather cable from the building shaft to the user’s room.
For villa areas, apartment buildings, business buildings, industrial areas, etc., it is necessary to carry out leather wire and optical cable entry according to specific business needs.
In urban villages and rural areas, because users are scattered and business needs are not clear enough, generally, the deployment of leather cables into households is only carried out when users apply for business applications for number allocation.
Our FTTH optical cable
If you do not find a product that can meet your requirements, please contact us as we might have a solution available.